AT A GLANCE
National Investment Fund Holding Company Limited (NIF) is a company created by its sole shareholder, Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago (GORTT), to hold five assets. These assets were received by the GORTT as proceeds from the shareholding of certain assets of CLICO (under supervision of Central Bank) and CIB, as well as an appropriate shareholding of TGU owned by GORTT. Since 2009, GORTT has sought to recover funds owed to it arising from the bail out of CLICO and CIB which resulted in, CLICO and CIB transferring certain assets held by them to GORTT, some of which, in addition to the shareholding of TGU, were transferred to NIFHL.
These five assets are shares of: Republic Financial Holdings Limited, One Caribbean Media Limited, West Indian Tobacco Company Limited, Angostura Holdings Limited, and Trinidad Generation Unlimited.
The Company was incorporated on 29th May 2018 by Corporation Sole for the purpose of holding and monetising assets transferred by GORTT in repayment of the debt due to GORTT by CLICO and CIB. The Company is authorised to issue an unlimited number of ordinary shares with no restrictions on their transferability.
A decision was then made to float the bond over July 12th – August 9th, 2018 with the objective of raising $4bn.
Board Of Directors
The Company’s Board of Directors is listed as follows (click names to read more).
- Ms. Jennifer Lutchman : Deputy Permanent Secretary , Ministry of Finance
- Ms. Nadira Lyder: : Public-Private-Partnership Coordinator , Ministry of Finance
- Mr. Dexter Jaggernauth : Programme Manager , Strategic Management and Execution Office, Ministry of Finance
- Mr. Hayden Manzano: : Executive Director, Investment/Divestment, Investments Division , Ministry of Finance
- Ms. Cindy Pierre : State Counsel II (Ag.), Office of the Treasury Solicitor , Ministry of Finance